Wednesday, December 7, 2011

I Want A Moroccan Blanket!

I really want a Moroccan blanket!  I’ve wanted one from the first time I laid eyes on it online. Sadly, or fortunately for me it’s only been online, I just might run with it if I saw one in person. :-)
I like Le Souk’s collection of things, a lot of it is North African designed, or inspired as you can guess from the name - some are made/from Morocco or Egypt. Their products range from home to personal accessories.


  
My grandmother had pretty much this exact same table, except it was bigger and the tray part was copper (as a kid I thought it was gold). I remember how she would take it outside, scrub it with lime and sand every few months. I thought it was so fascinating that she could do that, and make it all shiny again. When I think back to some of the things she had, I hope and wish that she still has some.  In Gambia old things aren’t as priced as they are in the western world. That saddens me, because I think of all the wonderful things she had that she probably has gotten rid of by now. 








I would have never thought to crochet a rug, but it is brilliant and gorgeous! It completely warms up this space, it looks very homey and cozy. I could just lay on this rug cuddled up in a warm soft blanket and a good book, with fire crackling in the background. Here I go with my dreaming mind. 





I am head over heels for everything in this space. Absolutely love the chunky knitted blanket, pillows, and pouf.  I really need a few poufs in my life. 


I hope you saw some things that you liked too.  I wish you a day filled with beauty! 

(All images Le Souk)

3 comments:

nancy {COZAMIA} said...

That table is adorable! I'm also with you on the moroccan vibe, I've actually searched ebay for throws and blankets but haven't come across anything worthwhile...yet!

Fatou said...

Yay thank you for stopping by! :-)
I know, they are quite hard to find, we have to go to Morocco to get it I think. Hmmm another great reason to travel...hehe

Aurelia said...

Absolutely! And I always feel inspired.
http://aprettylife13.blogspot.com/