Monday, May 21, 2012

Alma's Room

Hello, hello!!! Long time no "see". I have to say I have missed blogging, and I feel terrible about the long absences. At this point I sound like a broken radio with why am always gone. But it's true, school, school, and more school, that's what's up in my world. What is going on with you? How have you been?
The long absences, and non stop stress, headaches and very little sleep are all worth it though. I am doing really well in school. I've had a few of my projects archived, which basically means that your project is so good the instructor keeps it to show CIDA the organization that accredits our school. The school has to show that their students are learning the appropriate curriculum, and they show the best of the best student work to proof it. To say that I am honored and even a little surprised is an understatement. It is so rewarding and above all such a great confirmation that I am doing what I'm meant to do, that this is more than love, but I actually have talent for it.




One of my projects that I'm really excited about is a group one, (gasp) just two people in a group though, and I am excited about my team mate. I think we'll work great together and it will be nice bouncing off ideas to each other. We have two rooms to design, one for teenager who's a recluse and another for two little girls. I won't bore you with the details but my brain is already reeling. Three more weeks before summer starts. I can't wait! As much as I love what I'm doing can't wait for this quarter to be over, enjoy the summer with my family relaxing and taking it a bit easy.






These gorgeous images are from Alma's Room. A Danish lifestyle company with "a focus on developing and finding functional and aesthetic products for the discerning consumer who wishes to furnish their home with soul and sophistication" . The bird ceramic lights are designed by Amy Adams of Perch Design, the cool hanging clocks are by Lukas Peet, and the bowls are by Milia Seyppel. I am loving the ceramic bird lights. Gorgeous, no? I love the soft color palette in all these pieces.

If you've been reading my blog for sometime now, I'd like to hear from you. Blogging most of the time can feel like talking to a vacuum and I can't help but feel like is there a point to all this. But the answer that quickly comes up is YES! I love blogging, i love the idea of sharing what i know and what i love, and knowing that there are people out there who can relate to it, or might I even say get inspired :-). I would love to know my readers more, I appreciate everyone who's taken the time to say hello, and offer their kinds words and thoughts! But I'm greedy people I'd like to hear from more of you, get to know more of you out there. :-)

(Images: Alma's Room)

No comments: