Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Tracy Reese House Tour

Who doesn't love a Tracy Reese dress? Her dresses are always so feminine, elegant and I have been a fan for a while now. Naturally I was quite curious to see the space of this talented lady. Her home in upstate New York featured in County Living is a quintessential country home. It is absolutely charming! So much to love in this house tour. There are so many interesting elements present and a nice mix of high/low design.



I love this stair runner and the kicker, it is a DIY project!  She individually cut each piece, and attached them with velcro! This makes it easy to remove for clean ups - beautiful and practical.


Those gorgeous wood planks with the sweet pink on the walls is perfection. I like how she mixes rustic, feminine, and the traditional ethnic prints. She got this place in upstate New York after years of living in the city and wanting/needing a quiet space for a getaway from the fast pace of the city. I can see this place serving that purpose to a T.


Kitty cat room that's what the designer calls this space. Need I say more :-). Adorable!




The black wall is perhaps my favorite design element in this home. It is so unexpected, but so beautiful! It serves as a great anchor for all her beautiful pieces with the colors and prints. I think using white or some neutral or even pastel might have been an obvious choice especially for a country home, but choosing this daring color really paid off. It also makes the room feel very cozy. Another thing I really like is the pairing of this gorgeous antique armoire with the crisp white porcelain.

See anything you like?

(Images: Country Living)

No comments: