Saturday, October 6, 2012

30Inspired Turns 1!





I can't believe that a year of me blogging has already gone by! It was such a scary journey to start for me, I was filled with self doubt, and anxiety. I knew that there are thousands of great blogs out there, being curated by amazingly talented individuals. I was worried about not having the ability to curate a blog interesting enough, let alone to inspire people, since that was part of my goal. I knew that I too had something to say, a different perspective, but I wasn't sure if it was good enough. I worried about being judged, even though I am my harshest critic. I sat on this idea for two years before taking the leap.
If only I knew all the great things this blog would add to my life - I would have done it the minute I thought about it. When I finally took the leap it felt like I didn't have a choice. I needed a creative outlet, badly. I started this blog to share my ideas and inspirations, to share beautiful and clever designs around the world. To inspire people to try something new, and to start something to force me to stay creative. This little blog did all that and more. I am still giddy about seeing a viewer from a new country stopping by. I am humbled by the fact that there are people who choose to visit my corner of the web on a daily basis, especially when the options are endless.
I thank you all, for choosing to visit me and listen to what I have to say. I thank you wonderful people who take that additional time to send me a message letting me know what a post means to you.
You have been essential in this journey. A year later, I am more confident about my abilities and okay with simply being myself. Sometimes I can't believe how far I've come, and how less critical I am of myself. I have a long way to go, but I've come a long way too. Here is to another year of 30Inspired!

(Images: Geronimo)

2 comments:

Marian said...

Happy 1st Birthday to 30Inspired! here is to many more years of inspiration.

Fatou said...

Thank you so much Marian! Thanks for cheering me when I most needed it!