Monday, October 29, 2012

An Angel Has Risen

Last night, my sweet, beautiful friend made the transition to heaven. My friend Patricia Hipp, was funny, spunky, witty, oh, so witty, but what I loved and admired the most about her was her wonderful heart. She was a sweet soul beyond describing, she had the biggest heart of anyone I've met. We all have a purpose in life, and I truly believe that her purpose was to shine a bright light onto peoples lives she came across.
She'd been sick for a long time now, and though her chances seemed slim to none I couldn't think of the possibility of losing her, so I stayed an optimist fool.
My last conversation with her was perfect, I was lucky enough to tell her exactly how I felt about her, without knowing that that would be our last conversation. Somewhere in the back of my head I did think that it was a possibility, and knew that I had to tell her everything I felt about her in case this was my last chance. I apologized for not being the superb friend she deserved, I told her over and over again how much I loved her, and begged her to keep fighting as she had to stick around, so we can do all those things we planned. She told me not to worry and that she will keep fighting, because she had to see me graduate and come visit her nieces. She asked several times if I was okay, because of the long pauses as I tried very hard not to completely loose it on the other end of the phone. That was the kind of person she was, always caring for people.
I miss my friend, my sister! I am happy I met her first week of college in the Couch towers. I look back at all the silly, happy, sad, and most of all loving memories I have with her, and I can't believe she wont' be here to share more. She won't be here the way I want her to, at least. But knowing my friend, I know she is looking down on me and telling me everything is going to be okay.
I can say that I am one of the lucky few who got to meet an angel on earth!

(Image: Alicia Bock)

No comments: