Sunday, April 21, 2013

Home Tour: Tailored Industrial

There are some pleasures in life that can sometimes look frivoulous and unless you can relate it doesnt make any sense. However, knowing that I'm among friends, I know you will completely get the joy getting a stack of design magazines can illicit. Yesterday was one of those days...it was like opening presents, each magazine prettier than the other filled with inspiration. Elle Decor really got me reeling though, with Ellen Degeneres and Portia de Rossi's home. I was giddy with excitement flipping through the pages, they were dripping with amazing shots.




I love the mix of rustic, industrial all balanced with a tailored approach. You can see that everything was carefully selected. I had no clue that Ellen is a huge design buff, and moves a lot because of this just so she can have an opportunity to decorate a new space.




The landscape which they fell in love with, understandably so...is intoxicating.

I am completely smitten by their home, though absolutely gorgeous, it also has heart and soul.
What do you think? You can see the full article here, or pick up the latest issue of Elle Decor if you already haven't. I hope you are all having a lovely Sunday.

(Images: Elle Decor)

2 comments:

Marian said...

That landscape!!! dreamy!
Girl thank you for sharing these images.
That mix of rustic and industrial could not be in more perfect ratio. Who ever did the interior of this place is genius. LOVE

Fatou said...

I know it is so perfectly balanced, and very much honoring the location of the home. I fell in love with it immediately. It was designed by Ellen DeGeneres with Cliff Fong and Jay Holman.